Slerpy - Disc priest (shadow/holy offspec) [Accepted]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Slerpy
Class: Priest

Slerpy - Disc priest (shadow/holy offspec) [Accepted]

Postby Slerpy » 03 Jul 2020, 18:48

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): Bart

Character Info
In-Game Name: Slerpy
Primary Talent Spec: Discipline
Secondary(off)Specs: Holy / Shadow

What made you choose these specs for raiding?:
I've always deemed the healer role to be the most fun playstyle for me. I've mained holy ever since antorus in Legion, however every since I've had a bit of practice this raiding tier I switched to discipline for the progression bosses in my previous guild. Discipline seemed like a hard to master specialization with a steep learning curve, which caused me to not try it out for a while. I choose it over holy now because of all the unique things it can bring to a raid (additional dps / damage reduction / good anti-burst healing pattern) and because I personally feel comfortable playing it. Shadow is my prefered offspec because the expedient corruptions fare better on shadow than on holy in my opinion.

What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?:
I went with a heavy haste set considering my gear is pretty haste heavy and discipline favours haste a lot. I have 57% expedient and 24% severe. I added two r3 severe's because I was worried I would hit 100% haste (with procs) too frequently if I went all out on expedient. Considering crit is my second highest secondary stat, severe seemed like the best choice with the gear I'm running (also severe is really good whenever I go shadow sometimes). The two crit gems in there are mostly just for whenever I play shadow, the rest of the gems are haste for disc / all the expedients. My machinist's brilliance should probably be changed to a Quick Nav with the expedient I have though. However when I add another expedient 2 I'll probably have to remove it for the reason mentioned above. I got all of my corruption information from the priest discord / using the priest stat distribution spreadsheet that is pinned in there.

Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?:
Yes! e.g. I don't have any healing logs on drest because we figured shadow would be great to get all the adds down so I only have a shadow log for that boss. With a higher dps raiding comp I probably would have switched to a healing spec though considering shadow's boss damage isn't anything to brag about.

Your Current Artifact neck lvl: 91

Link to current armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/twisting-nether/slerpy

Link to relevant logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/twisting-nether/slerpy https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wBDv3Y2CxkmMXgP7 (<-- Ilgy prog discipline logs)

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds:
Perplexed, Aurora, This is Fine, Red Sky

How long were you in your previous guilds?
Perplexed: This was an alliance heroic raiding guild back in Legion. Stayed here during Emerald Nightmare up until Tomb of Sargeras. Never did mythic in this one.
Aurora: My first mythic guild (also started playing a priest during this time), stayed here during the entirety of antorus and uldir. Only raided mythic in Antorus (5/11.)
This is Fine:
A guild started up by friends from Aurora. Raided here during BoD and the start of EP.
Red Sky:
Raided here in Nyalotha and got 9/12.
(Honorable mentions Calamitous Intent and Polarlys): Only joined both of these for a very short time, didn't particularly like the raiding atmosphere in there. Calamitous Intent shortly after had a member exodus (hopefully not because of me though).

Why did you leave your previous guilds?:
Perplexed: I wanted to venture into mythic and the guild only had heroic clearing goals in mind.
Aurora: Unfortunately died due to bfa being 'less-than-stellar' at the start. I also took a break from the game during Uldir.
This is Fine: The raid leader felt that the raidleading /officer role was incredibly unrewarding and didn't want to play the game anymore. No one wanted to take up the raidleading position so the guild died.
Red Sky: The guild I'm currently in on my priest. I decided to stop raiding and look for a different guild because the focus for progression isn't quite there. (more of a casual / reclear heavy approach) I want to take it a bit more serious this tier time around / coming into shadowlands.

Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?:
Not that I know of.

Raid Experience, elaborate!:
Regarding mythic prog this is my current list: Antorus (5/11), Uldir (2/8), BoD (5/9), EP (3/8), Nyalotha (9/12)
I've rerolled quite a bit in the past during my time raiding heroic (went from warlock to resto druid to survival hunter (I miss ranged survival ngl) to vengeance Demon Hunter) but ended up sticking with a priest for all the mythic progression I've done in my wow ventures. Out of all the roles healing seemed to be the most exciting / challenging / fun and since priest has two healing spec, I can always switch if I don't like either one of them without having to reroll.

How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?:
I look up a general written guide (or guide in video format) for the bosses in the raid + try to check the priest discord for more information regarding playstyle. I also look up logs (if there are any at the start of the tier) for when damage patterns hit the raid / what abilities are the hard hitters (this is more a new thing ever since I've tried my hands on disc, ramp timings / cast sequences / cd usage in particular). After a raid night I usually put the logs in wowanalyzer to see if there's any basic things I've missed + check my own performance through checking the log itself (I'm not a log wizard but I've definitely improved on this part).

Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?:
Ofcourse. The fact that I'm still playing bfa despite all its flaws probably means I enjoy suffering a little bit.

Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.:
I think a good strength of mine is fixing my own mistakes quickly. I'm obviously not immune to making mistakes, but when I do make them don't tend to make them often afterwards. I'm quite critical of my own play.
I take great pleasure from performing well on the specs that I like playing. It feels very rewarding putting in the preparation (whether this is class playstyle wise or just general raiding performance) and seeing that it pays off. I like getting better at the specs I play.
One thing I'm less good at are farm bosses. Ironically I personally feel that I make more mistakes on farm than on prog (paying less attention to things, taking more risks to make the fight more exciting). Obviously I wouldn't do extreme mistakes but the more bored I am with a fight the harder it becomes to pay attention to it. Very hard to find 4 healing Wrathion exciting for example.
Oh and I life gripped a druid's tranq once to beat him on hps. It was all good bants obviously but he didn't talk to me for a week afterwards.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?:
I've played wow ever since I was still in high school. Used to play on Wrath private servers before switching to retail during Legion.

How much do you play?:
Probably a couple of hours every night on average. More at the start of a new patch / raiding tier when the gearing process is in full force.

Has your account been traded or passed on?:
No.

Does anyone else have access to your account?:
I sure hope not.

Do you have any high level alts?:
I have a druid and a druid / monk / hunter all at max level. Average ilvl across these characters is probably around 440 though. It's been a struggle to maintain alts this expansion.

Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?:
Yup I do.

Do you actually use your mic during raids if called for?:
Yes. Every boomkin I've ever played with demanded that I asked them in voice for innervate, so having a working mic is pretty important to me.

Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 20:15(invites start) 20:30 (raid start) ->23:15):
Yes.

General
How did you first come across Fifth Sin, and what led you to apply?:
After I decided to stop raiding in my current guild, I searched through wowprogress for guilds that have similar progress to the one I'm in currently while also being on a realm that has a healthy raiding population. (I'm currently on Twisting Nether but obviously I don't mind realm transfering to Draenor). I Ironically quite enjoy seeing guilds who have a (relatively) lengthy application form and seeing how the expectations allign with mine, I figured I would send in an application.
Also the fact that you guys have a long raiding history makes this guild very attractive for me considering I'm looking for a guild to settle down in. (that sounds cheesy but having a good social structure / fun people to play with is one of the main reasons why I keep playing this game during content draughts etc. which this guild seems to have)

Anything else you would like to add? (optional):
Battle.net: Slerpy#21849
Discord: Slerpy#3931

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?:
Like I mentioned earlier, you guys seem to have a stable guild management / social structure going on which is great because outside of raiding I would love to meet new people that I can play games with / make friends.
I'm a flexible player who values improving and reliability high on as core raiding values. I'm quick to fix mistakes and I don't mind playing offspecs to fit the raiding comp (however a lifetime of playing dps / shadow priest would probably make me go insane irl).

I hope to hear from you soon.

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Re: Slerpy - Disc priest (shadow/holy offspec)

Postby Alyssia » 04 Jul 2020, 11:56

Hey, thank you for your application, we will take a closer look and come back to you with an answer or further questions once we have had a chance to discuss it internally.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Peachblossom
Officer

Postby Peachblossom » 05 Jul 2020, 12:27

We'd like to set up a chat to check some things out with you. Can you contact me to arrange that? My Btag is Peachblossom#21669.

Slerpy

Postby Slerpy » 05 Jul 2020, 14:17

Sure thing, I send you a request on bnet.

Peachblossom
Officer

Postby Peachblossom » 08 Jul 2020, 10:54

Accepted for Shadowlands.

Return to “Recruitment”