DH DPS [Declined]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Maxine
Class: Demon Hunter

DH DPS [Declined]

Postby Maxine » 04 Feb 2020, 02:13

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): Andi

Character Info
In-Game Name: Maxíne
Primary Talent Spec: DPS
Scondary(off)Specs: Tank
What made you choose these specs for raiding?: I suck at raid tanking which is why i am playing Havoc :P
What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?: Raidbots
Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?: If there is a need for me to tank because a tank is missing i would do it
Your Current Artifact neck lvl: 75 on Wednesday
Link to current armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ax%C3%ADne
Link to relevant logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/g6MaVXvDFYKLP2xR
Character is 3-4 weeks old so i didn't have the best stats or traits available to me

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds: There are quite a lot of guilds, been playing the game since BC, i'll just list the most recent one and will add others in my raiding History. Relevant on Thrall-Horde
How long were you in your previous guilds? Mid Uldir to end of BoD
Why did you leave your previous guilds?: I was an officer there and we had a quite toxic group of 4 people which created a very unpleasant raid atmosphere for me and a lot of others. 2 months of talking to them with no improvements did not help to keep my moral high as well so i quit the guild and the game shortly after the Jaina nerf. If i'd not been an officer so i wouldn't have to deal with them all the time i might have stayed, but it is what it is.
Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?: I do not, i just transfered back to Horde due to me playing M+ a lot now and i simply chose the server with the highest population for cheaper potions/flasks/food.
Raid Experience, elaborate!: Oh boi, here we go. As i said earlier i am playing the game on and off since BC. Back then i started raiding very casual on my Prot Warri and mostly did Kara/Zul Aman with the occasional puging into T5/T6. I didn't start serious raiding until TotGC/ICC where i achieved 45 Trys left and LK Heroic (not until Cata prepatch tho). During Cataclysm i had good progress in T11 but had to stop playing due to RL. Came back for Firelands which i cleared Heroic literally on the last day before DS hit. DS i stoped playing after we achieved 6/8 one week prior to the 5% buff (or in the same week, not quite sure anymore) and my guild disbanded. Came back to the game a feew weeks before MoP was released and cleared DS. During MoP i was quite unlicky with Guild disbands but i managed to achieve CE for Twin Emperor and Empress as a Warrior Tank. During ToES progress my guild disbanded yet again which is why i went full casual and joined some RL friends in their guild and did some raiding as a Holy Paladin, just to learn something else besides tank/dps. For SoO i decided to go back to progression and joined a guild where we did Heroic Garrosh Wold 500 (pre Mythic) which was my highest world rank so far which is why i remember it that well :D. We also set foot in WoD with the guild but the transition to 20 man mythic killed us after 1 month which made me quit WoD alltogether since the guild was a real treasure and losing it really tilted me. Great people all around :/ I tried to return a few times but i honestly could not bother with raiding anymore so i quit a few times as well.
Coming Legion i again joined a guild with progress in mind and we quickly did CE Xavius but the guild environment started to get real toxic from our officers. For some reason i do not know they started picking on a Shadow Priest i befriended during progression up to the point where it turned into all out harassment every time so i told them to get fucked and took my shadow buddy with me and we left. I'm still friends with him to this day, so it was worth it! I couldn't be bothered to look for another guild yet again tho so i went to mythic+ instead of raiding and kept the game casual yet again until Antorus was on the horizon. I joined a new guild on Thrall for this (Daysleepers). They were a Nightraidguild which was perfect for my schedule back then and we cleared Antorus world 400ish and i stayed with them the rest of Legion. With the start of BfA some people from our Guild back in SoO reached out to me because they wanted to reform. Of course i said yes because humans tend to be nostalgic and so we formed our guild and started raiding, sadly not all of us back then joined the Reunion and as we quickly learned, some key people were key to our success back then (mostly our raidlead) and it showed. We had serious issues doing progression and we were quite unhappy with it so we disbanded. I then joined a guild quickly after with the intention to keep playing my DH. But during talks for my application they drifted of to how they struggled with their healers and i randomly decided to reroll Holy Paladin which is what i played up until i quit the game at the end of BoD. And here i am now, back to my DH, ready to once again claim a CE for me :)
How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?: Mostly Fatboss videos and wago.io for raid WAs. During progression i check out other DHs who are ahead of me in progress to see if they picked other talents/azerite to stay ahead of the meta.
Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?: Yeah. I have years of raiding experience and wiping is absolutely nothing i am afraid of.
Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.: I am a fast learner of mechanics and bosses and as a DH (which is one of the reasons i went back to that class) i am also very flexible in doing mechanics that require a single player to do something out of the ordinary. (Gathering orbs on Argus, doing Portals on Portalkeeper, stuff like that) I am also aware of mechanics that require me to use my defensives without them being called out to me. My weakness would be that i am always playing way to safe i'd say. I could do more damage with a more agressive playstyle but i am always getting out of stuff 1 second earlier than the rest. Also if it gets real hectic (Mekkatorque would be a fine example) i tend to lose oversight and rely on calls far more often which can hurt my dps. On the other hand after i've seen such bosses a few times i get accustomed to them and play them safer again. Another weakness would be my refusal to go hard for AP. I do what i must but rarely more. I'd rather do M+ then grind islands. Generally i am not fond of doing shit like that. Imo sidecontent that is only there to offer mindless grind is BS and should not be in the game at all. M+ is grind i am willing to do 24/7. Islands or WQ are not.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?: Since Black Temple
How much do you play?: A lot during progression, afterwards it gets a lot less, mostly only logging in for raid and doing my weekly stuff (AP cap for example) and some M+ if i feel like it.
Has your account been traded or passed on?: Nope
Does anyone else have access to your account?: Nope
Do you have any high level alts?: I have a DK, Rogue, Warrior, Monk, Paladin and Mage.
Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?: Yes
Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?: Of course
Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 20:15(invites start) 20:30 (raid start) ->23:15): Yes

General
How did you first come across Fifth Sin, and what led you to apply?: I just transfered here today and was browsing for guilds that need a DH.
Anything else you would like to add? (optional): If need be i would play one of my other classes (for Situations like Zul where Rogue stacking was extremely beneficial) but i'd like to be notified of that way ahaead so i can prepare that class.

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?: I am a reliable player who does his shit. If i see myself slacking during progression i question myself where i screw up and what i need to do better. Also i am quite experienced in progress raiding and am really motivated to get CE again so if the raid environment is good i will be here 100%. I do converse with my class mates as well if there are certain things we can do better as a class to utilize our utility kit or just to learn from them if they do certain things better than i do.

Edit: B.tag: XIII#2265

Leix
Head of Healers
Class: Monk

Re: DH DPS

Postby Leix » 05 Feb 2020, 09:35

Hello,

Thank you for the application.

Could you please provide a new link to your character? This one always seems to come up with an error.

If possible could you provide some logs from another character as you mentioned this one is only 3-4 weeks old.

Thanks,

Leix

Maxine

Postby Maxine » 05 Feb 2020, 11:50

Hey o/

Yeah, that might be due to the character being freshly transfered: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/e ... ax%C3%ADne

Logs: Those are the best i could find right now. They are from back when i was playing Holy, my Name was Menax back then:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/xy ... v7#fight=1

Edit: If it matters i got Infinite Stars rank 2 and Echoing Void rank 3 today

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Postby Alyssia » 08 Feb 2020, 14:23

Hey, appologies for late response. We have decided to go with someone else for the spot. Best of luck with finding a guild however.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Maxine

Postby Maxine » 08 Feb 2020, 18:43

ALrighty, good luck in your progress o/

Return to “Recruitment”