Svendrabbit - Shadow Priest Application [Accepted]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Svendrabbit
Class: Shadow Priest

Svendrabbit - Shadow Priest Application [Accepted]

Postby Svendrabbit » 24 Jan 2020, 23:42

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): Mathias Søby

Character Info
In-Game Name: Svendrabbit
Class: Priest
Primary Talent Spec: Shadow
Scondary(off)Specs: Holy
What made you choose these specs for raiding?: I've been playing Ranged DPS since release of WotLK. It's basically the role, I enjoy the most. It's also easily the one i'm best at, even though i can play everything. I've played a ton of warlock (have ~ 2 years played on my lock), quite a bit of hunter and some boomkin. I recently leveled my Shadow Priest for a change, and i've been enjoying it quite a bit. Also, even with the nerfs, shadow is a pretty strong spec in raids.
What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?: I currently haven't enchanted and gemmed my gear. Although, I will do that, once i get proper gear and/or a raiding guild. I usually follow guides and sim which enchants encants and gems to use.
Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?: Sure, I'll play anything. I also have a max level warlock, boomkin, hunter, warrior and monk. I really do prefer ranged DPS though.
Your Current Artifact neck lvl: 70 - i hit max level 6 days ago.
Link to current armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... vendrabbit
Link to relevant logs: I have no link to relevant logs, as I only just started playing again.
I'll link some old logs though.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ue#zone=10

Most of these logs were done in PuGs

To be honest, I haven't played a lot of logged raiding, since warcraftlogs became a thing. I used to have a few number 1 logs throughout Cata and MoP on worldoflogs, although they are long gone. Guess you just have to take me for my word :)

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds: Oh wow... Been playing a long time. I played in my own guild throughout WotLK, Cata and MOP. I created that guild with my brother, and i was an officer/raid leader for those expansion. We were called <Machine> on Runetotem-EU in WotLK and Sylvanas-EU after that. After that, i basically quit organized raiding, as our entire roster, that I had played with for 6+ years all quit the game at the same time. We did try to recreate the guild in early WoD, but failed and had to disband in the middle of the first raid. I returned for beginning of legion, where I played in a guild called <Rude> (world top 300) on Bronze Dragonflight for the first few raids of Legion, but quit just before Nighthold, as i got burnt out from the AP farm amongst other things.
How long were you in your previous guilds? I played in Machine from Wotlk until MoP. Played in Rude as a raider for
Why did you leave your previous guilds?: I think, i've answered this question above - otherwise feel free to ask.
Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?: Nah, I just looked for a horde raiding guild in top 1000-2000 range, who raided 2 days a week, and i stumbled across you guys. From what i've read, you seem like a cool, chilled bunch of guys and gals :) I've never been in a guild, where people are actually assholes. Most people are nice, and i'm willing to bet, you guys are too :)
Raid Experience, elaborate!: I have also touched on this quite a bit. Anyway, here goes:
I started playing on EU release, when i was 10 or something. Cleared MC, BWL. ZG, AQ20 and got 4 bosses in AQ40.
TBC: Killed everything but last 2 bosses in SWP
WotLK: Killed everything, but had to take a break from raiding just before LK25HC went down. Did progress on it for months though.
CATA: Killed everything in top 300-500 guild, while raiding only 10 hours a week. Sidenote: i was our guild's first recipient of the legendary staff in Firelands.
MoP: Killed everything, capping out with a world top 40 (10-man) on HC lei-shen. Quit after that.
WoD: Killed everything on Mythic in Highmaul. Then quit the game only to return in HFC. I got 8/13 mythic with some guild in HFC, but they disbanded.
Legion: Killed Emerald Nightmare and Trial of Valor mythic top 250-300 world.
BfA: I was studying abroad, when BfA was released. I have only been playing pugs in BfA. Didn't raid Eternal Palace at all.
How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?: I obviously gear up, stack up on consumables. I usually watch Fatboss guides before going into to the raid for the first time on normal/HC. When mythic progression begins, I usually do a bit more preparation. Although i'll admit. With 20 people in the raid, I usually let other people prepare tacs. If we spend more than a raid on a boss, i'll probably do a lot more research. But yea, i generally like to be surprised, when i go into a raid for the first time.
Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?: Well, yea. That's sort of what raiding is all about :D
Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.:
I could write a longer essay about this. I consider myself a very good player. I learn mechanics quickly, and once I've figured out a way to deal with a mechanic, I rarely - if ever - mess up. It usually does take a few attempts though.
I'm a very strong DPS, although i've met players, that were better than me. I look through logs and find ways to improve, optimize my rotation on a progression fight. I like to do good logs, but when i'm progressing, I focus on killing the boss, avoiding damage. I'm typically towards the bottom of damage taken.
I'm an old raid leader for many years. I like to make calls and doing assignments, if i'm allowed, and i'd say, i'm quite good at it. I enjoy taking on special roles, if it's needed on a boss.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?: On and off since EU release.
How much do you play?: Depends... If content has recently been released: 2-4 hours a day, if its not a raid night. If it's late-patch, i'll probably only log on a 5-10 hours a week outside of raids.
Has your account been traded or passed on?: I traded my original account to this one, when WotLK was released. My old friend from school had a warlock, and he got my rogue. I consider this account mine though.
Does anyone else have access to your account?: Not at the moment. I might lend it to some friends every now and then.
Do you have any high level alts?: Sure, I have a Warlock, Boomy, Hunter, Monk and Warrior at the moment. I have all the other classes in 110.
Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?: Yup.
Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?: Yup.
Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 20:15(invites start) 20:30 (raid start) ->23:15): That's perfect. I might miss a raid every now and then though. I'm moving to a new city for the next 3 months, as I'm working as a sports journalist at a local newspaper, and sometimes I have to go cover games. It won't be a major problem though.

General
How did you first come across Fifth Sin, and what led you to apply?: Already answered :)
Anything else you would like to add? (optional): Currently, my gear is shit. I dinged with my priest less than six days ago, so I haven't really had any time to aqquire optimal gear, Azerite Power and essences, although i'm working on it. If I can join you guys, I'm sure that process would go a lot faster. I'm willing to spam mythic+ and raids to aqqure as much gear as possible.

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?: Well, I don't like to toot my own horn, but I generally consider myself a very strong player. WoW and raiding basically raised me, and as a result, It's a large part of my personality and skillset. I'm not as in-tune, as I once was. I'm much more relaxed and focused on the fun of raiding these days, but I can still play at a fairly high level :)
I've never failed a trial. Give me a go, and I'm sure, you will be glad you did.

Either way, feel free to ask me any question, if there's anything, you want to know.

My Bnet is Swizzy#2802.

Return to “Recruitment”