New application, from a friend of Firefunk [Accepted]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Razael
Raider
Class: Demon Hunter

New application, from a friend of Firefunk [Accepted]

Postby Razael » 09 Nov 2019, 08:26

Hello to AshTrai, Alyssia and Fifth Sin :)

Personal Info

Real Name (Optional): Shawn

Character Info

In-Game Name: Razáel main (Kharastraza alt, fire mage)
Primary Talent Spec: Havoc/Fire
Scondary(off)Specs: I've played tank maybe... twice? Same with Frost.
What made you choose these specs for raiding?: With Fire, it was mostly because of the slow nature of it at the time. I didn't have the reflexes to be able to do more, but once my hands and arms got better, I was able to bring myself up to a faster level of play with the DH. (Major injury of the past)
What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?: I have 2 main gearing sets. The current one I go around on is for m+. Since I'm currently stuck with the trinket from Shrine, I've geared it specifically in order to maximize that outrageous haste buff window. Single target gear changes considerably as it uses less vers and more crit (although the idiotic current crit trinket never dropped for me)
Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?: I can certainly try! You may not like it, but that's what trying is all about after all. :)
Your Current Artifact neck lvl: 70, have been maxed for a week already. That's with a break since July as well. I tend to be one of the top 2 people in getting that stuff sorted in the past with a given group. No slacking here. :D
Link to current armory profile: https://raider.io/characters/eu/draenor/Raz%C3%A1el and https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... az%C3%A1el
Link to relevant logs: Where logs are concerned, halfway through Battle for Daz, Weekend Warriors made their logs private, because random people were sacrificing themselves if they felt their current go was shit. Not sure if you'll see what you need to or not? If not, I can always take screenies and send them through Disc. This is from the couple of weeks we pushed through HC E. Palace and killed Azshara once. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4 I usually have 2-4 orange parses and the rest purple, random blue or a rare green for a good death and that.

Guild and Raid Info

Previous Guilds: Weekend Warriors (I started raiding weekly, and mythic, in the beginning of 2018). Before WW, I was just in friend guilds that sometimes screwed around with normal raiding, so I pugged HC stuff.

How long were you in your previous guilds? So the friends guilds were for years. I'm a Wrath baby. I started with Weekend Warriors in January 2018 as a BM hunter. My friend joined them around a month before that. He became the Melee leader and at the time, there were no spots available for mythic, and I said I was happy to simply go normal/hc on alt runs. I proved myself in a couple months and was bumped up to the mythic side of things. I stayed there until July of this year. From then until now I've been on a small break, but still kept up with the weekly m+ and island for the azerite/gear.

Why did you leave your previous guilds?: Ok, so, I left the small guilds with friends as they left Wow in general, so I faction and realm transferred over to Draenor Horde (from Alliance Darkspear). But where leaving Weekend Warriors is concerned, I left because I don't tolerate continual childish behavior that was often vindictive, completely overt, not constructive or centered around being professional. I also stopped tolerating blatant bigotry and asshole behavior. We're all playing a game. And sure, some of us want to get serious for mythic stuff, as you should. But yelling your head off at people and cussing them out, in the middle of a raid, disrupting everything, especially when you don't hold yourself to the same standards that you supposedly hold others to? That bothers me. A lot. These are the actions of the raid leader as well as the guild leader, and together with pathetic sexism, bigotry and hatefulness, I refused to stay there any longer. We're adults, we can be calm, collected, and talk things out. And if someone is screwing up, you don't need to yell at everyone. You simply have words with those individuals and handle it where people can get along, progress and most importantly, get things done as a team.

Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?: Ah, yes actually, I know Firefunk. We became friends in Weekend Warriors. He became the ranged leader there and I was under him as a BM hunter.

Raid Experience, elaborate!: Warning: I like to be thorough. :D Ok, let's see.. I was pugging hc stuff on random characters for years with friends on and off, did HC ICC, HC Ruby Sanctum, only did HC Dragon Soul in Cata as I had a massive health scare (Guillian Barre Syndrome). I changed to BM hunter at the beginning of MoP and got most of the MoP HC raids done. So for the first few raids in WoD I didn't have anyone to raid with. I ended up getting all of HC Hellfire Cit done and a couple on mythic. I was able to get all the bosses done in time HC through Legion except Hela I believe. I moved over to Horde side and Draenor when Antorus had been out for a little while. I sent over an alt hunter (couldn't send my main Zuji as he's in the middle of my gold empire heh), that hunter's name was Sarandiel. We raided through hc and mythic Antorus, my first mythic experience raiding within the cutting edge time frame. We got up past Aggramar. I lost a friend at this time (one that I went around with as a pair of BM hunters doing everything together in the game besides raiding), and it scarred me a bit. I was unable to play hunter after that, as it was a constant reminder that she wasn't there any more. I transitioned into a fire mage (Kharastraza, my official alt). I played this mage until the end of Uldir, where we got up to 7/8 mythic at the very end. I transitioned near the end, to my main (and finally found my proper main forevers lol) with Razáel, the demon hunter. With him, we raided up through hc Battle for Dazar'alor and through mythic, and we finally nailed my first cutting edge achievement with Jaina. Weekend Warriors chose not to do mythic raid Crucible of Storms, we only did it on HC. As for Eternal Palace, I got HC Queeny down on 21st of July this year, and shortly after that I went on break and left their guild. ...I'm surprised I remembered all that. :o

How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?: So for new raids and m+ as well, I tend to throw myself face first at Youtube. Also a variety of streams on Twitch like Bay (Finalbosstv) and Hazel. I keep an eye on Wowhead, IcyVeins for updates and that. I browse around on Bloodmallet and Herodamage as well. Essentially, I will make a document of every single boss and any jerk trash, write down what to be aware of, what may need to be interrupted, consumed (purged) etc or trapped if needed, when potential burst times may come about and make notes about what talents I may need to consider for the fight, given each encounter. And along with that comes as many pots, personal foods and flasks as I can farm my little fingers off for, beforehand. I am a person that likes to be well prepared to wipe the floor many times. lol

Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?: Aha! So you come straight out and ask the question. Me likey :D Yup. Wipe all the things to learn. Learn timings, learn phases and trash and changes and burst timings. Hands on is the best way.

Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.: I love being proactive. I enjoy Discord and talking over things with people, be it with m+ or raiding, for me, Wow is not only playing a game, but a constant new learning experience that keeps you on your toes. I am very much about self improvement (more on that later), and I've been told by others that I'm very dependable for the tasks you need to get done. Cds like Darkness for dmg reduction at specific timings, interruption rotations and cc'ing stuff in raids, I was depended on for it. I'm also good on the damage side of things. I stayed in the top 3 a good 95ish% of the time when not needed to handle singular mechanics that needed soaking or extended away from boss time (example being dealing with adds running back on forth on Stormwall Blockade slowing them and soaking stuff on floor, etc). My less good at used to be movement, mostly because of the nerve damage I have (elaborating on that farther down). However that's mostly cleared up, and thanks to the extra survival utility of the DH, it covers that nicely. In the past, when there's been too much going on in a fight for like, the raid leader to notice everything, I often took up the mantle of calling things out that were about to come up, such as abilities or phases that would require more than a couple of people to have to do something (example being King Rastakhan fight with all the crazy stuff going on there with poison and fire etc). I don't say that because I expect to do it here, but rather, just something that others found to be handy in the past. I can and often do change talents up for whatever best suits the fight as well. I carry over 100 of the talent change books because I will never, ever be without the ability to change things. lol If I need to do something differently in a fight, hey, cool, just say and job done. I have routinely sacrificed everything in the past if it meant a kill. If a tank dies and we're close, I will sneak a taunt in or soak or whatever needs doing to help push it that last inch (example being like standing with only living tank to help soak cleaves from Fetid Devourer for instance).

Play Info

How long have you been playing WoW?: I started Wow 2 weeks before Wrath landed on us. I've only had 2 breaks. Once in Cata when I nearly died and the break I just had, in order to get rid of all the negativity that built up.

How much do you play?: You'll see me on mostly every day. I'm a world quest doing, m+ loving, AH playin' Wow machine.

Has your account been traded or passed on?: I would find it physically and mentally impossible to do that. I trust NO ONE that much. On any level. lol

Does anyone else have access to your account?: HELL no. No one else even has access to my computer, much less Wow.

Do you have any high level alts?: The only one that's properly close is Kharastraza my fire mage. She's not up to speed, so to speak, with gear or neck or azerite neck powerz, currently 411 ilvl.

Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?: I got rid of Teamspeak when I went to Discord. I'm currently reinstalling TS3 and will have it ready by tomorrow (past 12 at night here atm). This means I will be slightly green with it, so may ask for guidance now and again if I can't find something on it. But yes, I'm an active person with talking, I have no troubles with it at all.

Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?: I do, indeed. I am a push-to-talk kind of person and can easily dps my face off while talking so, no worries there.

Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 20:15(invites start) 20:30 (raid start) ->23:15): Yup, no worries at all. I'm 6 hours behind GMT time. As I work from home and have a flexible schedule, I'm easily able to be here for the raid times, which will be landing right after midday for me. :)

General

How did you first come across Fifth Sin, and what led you to apply?: I first heard about you from Firefunk when he came here. He seemed to very much like the pace and attitude of the guild compared to our old guild. At the time, I believe you were looking for a DH as well, however, I knew that I needed time to get rid of the negativity that had built up inside me at that point due to various elements in the previous place. I'm not the kind of person that takes a break lightly, or without a *damn* good reason. I'm not a flippant person in that regard either. When I say I'll do something, I'm there for it. Ultimately, I'm looking for a guild home. I have no expectations in being allowed to raid atm. My m+ilvl gear is 440ish and single target is sitting on 437ish because I have some pieces of the socketed gear from the Naz zone. But I do very much miss being a part of a guild and being able to contribute. To challenge myself more, to be better than I am currently, and most of all, to have fun with others. I love talking to people from all over the world. And I think that's part of why Wow is so good for a lot of people. And if Firefunk says you're a far better guild, leadership wise, as well as attitude, that's *literally* all I need to hear. I trust the guy and I'm happy to apply to a place like that.

Anything else you would like to add? (optional): Ok, so, where the self improvement and nerve damage thing is concerned: Back in 2008 I came down with GBS. I lost pretty much everything in 3 days. Went nearly blind, was paralysed, 10% chance to live. It wasn't caught soon enough. But because I survived, there was a boatload of nerve damage. So I was given an oxygen tank and a wheelchair and told my life was about pain management. They said I'd never walk again or breathe on my own again. Well.... I'm not that kind of guy. So I worked my ass off. Forced myself to walk with two crutches and kept pushing and pushing. When I started playing Wow at that time, I could barely do world questing for 15 minutes. It was fairly soul crushing to be honest. But ironically, something rather cool happened. Wow helped save me. Literally. The more I pushed myself with playing, the better my dexterity got. The more movement in my hands and arms came back. And that just pushed me to do more and better. Here I am a decade later. There is no wheelchair. I exercise 5 days a week. There is no oxygen tank. I raid hc and mythic and nothing holds me down. :D Well, except one thing. I very rarely have a seizure. The consequence of pushing myself far more than I was ever supposed to. So in the entire time I raided with Weekend Warriors, I only ever couldn't raid once. 1 time, because I'd had a seizure like, 10 minutes before raid time. *shrugs* It is what it is, but thankfully I've learned a lot about how to lessen them occurring, so. My attendance in raids is 99%. When it's raid time, it's RAID time, and that's that. :D Oh, and I totally don't mind the bench. If I have the gear and others need it, sit my ass down. If I'm not what you need for that fight? Sit my ass down. That's just how raiding goes. I'm good with it. Just how it is. Oh and I'm on the EU servers, as I lived in England from 2001 until 2013. I refused to just... abandon everything and start over on the US servers. fps 100 and MS 130-150ish playing. Totally doable. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?: Righty! I'm Keanu Reeves' long lost brother, but nicer! Bah, they never buy that one. Ok ok, fine. Let's see... I'm a happy go lucky type of guy. I *love* helping others out. I have passed on loot to others before gearing myself simply because I know it would be better for them, instead of that small upgrade to me. I like running m+ even with people who aren't too sure about it, or who are apprehensive about doing it with higher skill level people, because I like teaching people about things and showing them that it's ok to do stuff together, and the game can be a positive experience without all the bullshit that some people bring with them like insulting others or making it about being the top dps or go the fuck home. I can't be asked with that mentality. Don't get me wrong, I love a good challenge and I love doing higher keys as well, and I push myself as much as I can and strive to have the best gear do a damn good job, but mythic stuff is about surviving first, and kicking ass second. I also like to help out where the guild in general is concerned. I donated a *lot* of mats in the past in order for the guild to have cauldrons, pots, flasks and food. If it's a good environment and people are working together and it's nice, it makes doing that worth wild to me. I'm not a solo ride alone person. I'm a team orientated person. And Wow really plays on that, I feel.

So I'm here joining as myself. I don't even mind if I don't get in the main mythic raid. Firefunk already told me you have a DH that joined recently and may be capable, and might fill your current slot. If that's ends up being the case, it's no problem. I'm not expecting to be given a raiding spot for mythic for now anyways. I will say what I did to Weekend Warriors when I joined them. I'll happily join as a casual raider type and wait until there's a spot available and prove myself in the mean time. One thing I learned more than anything else, training myself to walk again, is patience. Heh. If the social atmosphere is as nice as Firefunk says, hell, I'd sign up just for a nice guild to talk to people and randomly run through things with.

That's me done for now, I think. Hope everything is going ok for folks and hopefully hear from ya soons. I can be reached through Discord Zují#6572 and I'll set up TS3 first thing tomorrow morning when I get up as it's head-bobbingly late here. Laters. :)

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Re: New application, from a friend of Firefunk

Postby Alyssia » 09 Nov 2019, 14:23

Hey, thank you for the application, we will take a look and get back to you with an answer or further questions once we have had a chance to talk it over some.

In the meantime a chat on coms would be good, lets see if we can't set that up for a time that works for everyone either sometime tonight or tomorrow? (Is that then midday/afternoon for you? anyway I am sticking with server/local time and letting you do the timey-whimey conversions :p )
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Razael
Raider

Re: New application, from a friend of Firefunk

Postby Razael » 09 Nov 2019, 15:38

Hiyas there Alyssia. :) Yup, I believe i'm 7 hours behind your guild time, to around 7:30ish am here. Can talk anytime this weekend or in weekdays. I believe I have TS3 set up properly now, or can talk on Disc, whichever. And yeah, evening time is fine, as your evening is my midday, so no worries.

Return to “Recruitment”