Valefuris - Havoc DH [Accepted]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Valefuris
Raider
Class: Demon Hunter

Valefuris - Havoc DH [Accepted]

Postby Valefuris » 30 Oct 2019, 02:58

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): Rodrigo

Character Info
In-Game Name: Valefuris
Primary Talent Spec: Havoc
Scondary(off)Specs: Disc, Outlaw and Assassination
What made you choose these specs for raiding?: I started playing WoW at February/March of this year if I remember correctly and at the time I started with a Retri Pala which when I could I switched to DH (looked awesome on streams) and after that I made it my main character cause it was so fun, has huge mobility and also brings some nice utility (darkness and dispelling enemies). After giving a try to other classes I have much more fun with melee dps specs. It's the spec I started playing WoW "seriously" and has what I enjoy the most: fun while not being a garbage class/spec (which isn't thankfully), rotation is pretty simple but I still enjoy it specially with DA/IA talents cause of how fluid pulling fury becomes.
What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?: Raidbots sim and stat weight mainly with some digging around streamers (Fragnance from Method) and The Fell Hammer discord (DH's). I try to have 2 or more pieces of specific gear slots so I can have the perfect enchants/gems for raiding and m+ (priority for raiding). Right now Crit + Vers seems to be the best stats (with some Haste) and for gems it will rotate a lot, it will sim Crit higher if you have vers gems and when you switch it says crit gems, it really depends on stat weight and how close crit and vers are currently.
Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?: If the guild needs and asked me about I would do it, I feel better playing DPS and Healer class specs rather than tanks tho, I gave a couple trys on Vengeance for example and I know more or less what to do on it but I admit if I needed to play tank I would need to practice it a bit to be at mythic raiding viability. I'm practicing Assassination spec now on Rogue and I'm below-average/average on disc priest, I struggle a bit with unpredictable damage mechanics on it.
Your Current Artifact neck lvl: 69
Link to current armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /Valefuris (I have benthic pieces and higher gear too if it matters but 450 shoulders from Azerite Seller are trash, at least with the current helms and chests I have available, compared to 435 ones from Orgozoa. The ones from Radiance are super meh cause no Furious Gaze trait which is superior if 3x stacked).
Link to relevant logs: I stopped logging after some major game performance issues I was having at a time (tbh I think it was cause of the Rarity addon which I already dropped so I will log again) but one ex-guildie used to log and has one of my Mythic runs and the alts hc run:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BNyv2KXFhMHTkJLx

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds: Disfigured
How long were you in your previous guilds? 5 months almost 6.
Why did you leave your previous guilds?: Haven't left Disfigured yet but they know I'm pursuing options: At the start I was still new to raiding so it looked a nice introductory guild and it really was but after curve most of the raid team stopped or went to play classic so Mythic was not viable (and it wasn't even a goal to try it but eventually they decided to do so cause me and others wanted to give it a try). Right now the guild is not even alt raid viable to be honest, no more fixed raid team people just show up whenever or don't show up at all and it's annoying when some people put time and effort into something and others just don't show up or just come and yolo it on a super subpar geared alt.
Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?: Afaik, no.
Raid Experience, elaborate!:
As you probably have read earlier I started really late into the game so the only real experience I have is The Eternal Palace. When I joined my old guild (Disfigured) the 1st raid I ever got invited to without any prior experience was BoD heroic and while I did well to not die my DPS was average and knew nothing about enchanting, gems, etc. so after that raid I went to do a bunch of investigation about raiding, checking guides and everything I could so I wouldn't be almost dead weight too. For this last tier we started with normal clearing and then heroic, recently we did mythic. On the old guild I started just as a normal DPS but eventually I was (like RL but with not the actual rank cause only the guild owners have RL rank there) cause I was the one responsible for calling all the boss mechanics eventually and explaining the strat to new raiders. After most of the raid team was geared I also started doing the raid as a healer on my priest (disc) and as such I have some experience with about the healers PoV too although I would classify myself a 4/10 healer currently.
How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?: I prep a bunch of supplies ready for a bunch of pulls and raid days during release of a new tier and before release I try to watch some streams of guilds trying new tier on PTR (although this doesn't happen often cause of avoiding leaking strats, etc) and check PTR vids about strats and the encounter mechanics (mainly from FatBoss) if available and of the course the adventure guide. I also watch World First stream now and the videos from Method about the encounters so I can pick any better strategies possible (since world first runners will clear most bosses way before other guilds providing as such, the base strats of clearing early on). I also watch if available Method's tier review and documentary (really good since it went so in-depth) about specific bosses although these come a bit later in the tier. Finally I try to do or gather the best weakauras possible for the encounters (at least for me) and share them if they're good enough or people want.
Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?: Yeah for sure, all-in for pratice or new strategy tryouts (even after tier is cleared if there's something we can change to try a new tactic that makes it even more confortable for us).
Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.:
I think I'm a "decent" player since I don't take too much time to apply tactics and practice them and get at least a good entry level of them and the thing I think I really shine is avoiding damage it's something I noticed from my raid runs on Details and also m+, at the same time this is something bad from me cause when trying new stuff (lets imagine a new tier) i try at max to stay alive and at same time that lowers my DPS when trying something new for first time cause I take less risks. One example I could give is 1st boss from EP, during barrage at start I would use Vengeful Retreat (the jump backwards) and wait a bit further till one "orb" was fired and then Fel Rush to that spot, during that wait time I wouldn't get any stack and trigger Unstable Mixture but was a few secs without doing any DPS either. Right now I stay still on melee range from boss and try to insta Death Sweep/Blade Dance if the "orb" in front of me is fired cause Blade Dance displacement avoids physical dmg/contact which is a neat trick to avoid damage and stay on melee range to keep dpsing the boss (had a decent impact on my logs since it was a lot less downtime after a full encounter). Also I'm a bit unaware of healers output sometimes and will "waste" Darkness on people that are low but weren't in actual threat. Probably much more stuff I'm bad but need outside PoV and critics to improve and right now I don't get any improvement tips so also kinda expecting any critics or feedback you guys can give me if I get a trial. I also try to improve the most I can specially when there's people way above me on performance cause my goal is not only improve but if possible to be the best in each environment I am.
Also till recently I was more of a DH player with Felbalde/Demon Blades talent for most bosses (I switch based on what's best for each boss tho) but now that I got mythic chest from Behemoth I can run Demonic Appetite + Immolation Aura which in the current tier is the top talent combo for higher parcing and dps (exception on Behemoth cause hard to grab the souls) and I've started using it and it's a lot better since it makes pulling fury super smooth and no downtimes like the small ones you can get on FB/DB talents if RNG goes super wrong.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?: Around 8 months I think.
How much do you play?: Like 3h+ per day but a bit less during weeks with more than 1 college exam.
Has your account been traded or passed on?: No.
Does anyone else have access to your account?: No.
Do you have any high level alts?: Yes, a 120 Priest (which i play as Disc for raids/m+ and getting into Shadow spec now), a 120 Rogue (mostly experienced in outlaw cause I used to just do m+ on it but started last week getting into raiding with Assassination spec) and most recently a 120 Paladin (still need to gear but for now the main goal is to play as Holy Paladin and trying some Prot so I can have a stepping stone for tanking if needed).
Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?: Yes.
Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?: Yes.
Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 20:15(invites start) 20:30 (raid start) ->23:15): Yes, but sometimes my exams can be scheduled like really late (6:30pm for example) on wednesdays which makes it really close getting home in invite time (this is very rare and might happen at max like 4x per semester, this one considering they keep the current schedule probably just 2 times).

General
How did you first come across Fifth Sin, and what led you to apply?: On WoW recruiting forums, basically I was looking for a raiding guild in Draenor (since for me char transfer is not an option currently) and that had more experience than 3/8M and it's still trying progression for Cutting Edge if possible since most guilds/pugs have 3/8M by now cause of gear and isn't a direct commit proof to raiding, I also decided to contact Alyssia since I had some questions regarding how the guilds works and the answers were what I was hoping for making it the perfect fit for me.
Anything else you would like to add? (optional):
Not much, I'm also a player who loves m+ and i'm currently trying to go bigger and biggers keys to eventually reach my minimum goal of +20 on each dungeon in time, I do a bit of PvP for mounts and xmogs (if you guys do old raid guild runs for mogs count me in btw) and also possible BiS gear from there.

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?:
I want to do progression each tier (hc and mythic) and your guild seems to have a good commitment to it respecting the assigned raid days (with a few extra days if needed or at tier release) which i'm fully happy with cause while I love raiding there's a specific amount of time I allow myself to be on this and trying world first runs and all that is a big no for me cause people raid the entire day all days till tier is done which is legit too much for me. Mostly cause I'm also getting into the Mythic environment and for that I need to improve myself with my own thinking and also others feedback (being ideas, checking logs and saying where i'm underperforming, actions I could've taken better, etc.), basically this seems a good guild for collective improvement too and a good environment which unfortunaly improvement is not a thing motivated anymore by my last guild. I think I should be recruited cause I'm someone who's willing to improve no matter what, had super good raid attendance on old guild and I'm someone that knows his place and if I'm stepping over someone or anything I will stop and won't "cry" about it cause I legit cba with drama inside a guild or with others. If someone doesn't like me, w/e it's fine, I won't annoy the person and I hope he/she doesn't annoy me either but I accept any critics as long it's still about raiding or the guild environment. In resume, I just a want guild that commits to raiding in a semi-hardcore degree and provides an environment where I can also grow as player cause I think I'm still pretty meh when it comes to top players with a lot of mythic raiding experience already. Also since you guys are in high demand of a DH and i'm a main DH hopefully I'm enough to meet your requirements and hopes :) (also i'm mythic tier when it comes to memes so I can make progression funny).

Forgot to attach my bnet if needed:
V0n3x#2267

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Re: Valefuris - Havoc DH

Postby Alyssia » 31 Oct 2019, 02:03

Hey, thank you for your application, we will look it over and get back to you once we had a chance to discuss.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master

Re: Valefuris - Havoc DH

Postby Alyssia » 01 Nov 2019, 12:14

We have decided to go forwards with another applicant, so I am afraid we are declining your app. Good luck in your search for a guild.
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.

Valefuris
Raider

Re: Valefuris - Havoc DH [Declined]

Postby Valefuris » 02 Nov 2019, 00:55

Well, that's unfortunate but happens. Maybe another time when I improve and apps are open again :p
Thank you very much for your patience. ^^

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master

Re: Valefuris - Havoc DH [Declined]

Postby Alyssia » 02 Nov 2019, 01:08

As mentioned in chat ur welcome to come along for our Sunday run as well so we can see you in action. Sunday invites at 20.15 and raid start at 20.30.

Return to “Recruitment”