47%

Total votes: 17

sveske
Axethrower
Class:

Startrek online

Postby sveske » 17 Jan 2010, 20:45

Hey there, anyone gonna play STO??

Old BootyBayBandits / Envy members, and some fifth, might know Varny and me. We have startet in beta, and though there is alot of errors, we are planing on playing it.

We thought it might be cool to talk to old freinds in game, so if anyone is playing, I have made a channel called Envy.. If you join it, We can chat there, while playing, and might make a fleet during Beta.

After release, dont know if we makes a fleet!!

Well that was it from me, cancelled my account on WOW again, and it is almost about to run out (20/1-10)

Might lock in later on again, but for now, I have left WOW again.

/Sveske /Finest /Svesken /
Noob former used to be mage of fifth-sin Finest
Noob former used to be warrior CLM of fith-sin sveske
NOW playing STO (start beta) We made a channel called ENVY join for fun.
Perhaps we will make a leveling fleet ENVY ;-)
or call it Fifth-sin

Live long

/Sveske out

Macula
Dragon
Class:

Postby Macula » 17 Jan 2010, 23:26

Hi :)
redlights is gonna play it :)
don't know if he started with the beta yet, but I'll tell him about your channel :)
GuildSpy
Tha Koon wrote:Tharkun, Macula and AshTrai, the pro way to derail a thread.

Tha Koon wrote:Macula knows all and sees all, you would be wise not to mess with her.

AshTrai wrote:watching...
...waiting...
o_O
...always....
o_O o_O o_O o_O

sveske
Axethrower
Class:

Postby sveske » 18 Jan 2010, 09:42

Please let him.
Not many answers lol Must have been away a long time alredy lol :D

-------------

Someone have voted alredy in beta, WHO (I wanna know lol)
Enter the Envy chat..

I could not log in last night, to heavy server load, so I dont know if you alredy did ;-)

or call it Fifth-sin

Live long

/Sveske out

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master
Class: Mage

Postby AshTrai » 20 Jan 2010, 15:56

what's so special about a star trek mmo?
what makes it different to say EVE?
AshTrai ~ 灰皿 ~ Co-GM
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard!" - Arnold Rimmer
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

Indrul
Ogre
Class:

Postby Indrul » 20 Jan 2010, 20:16

In beta, but not even considering playing it. Even though it's more interactive then EVE, it's too goddamn buggy.

Raiev@Raiev, a homemade race Engineering pilot. Only level 3 as I don't play it that often. It's fun for a bit, but the bugs keep getting to me as I play.

Demonologist
Dragon
Class:

Postby Demonologist » 21 Jan 2010, 11:05

I have played in this beta for a weekend or two. I am quite the Star Trek nerd, seen most of the series and generally interested in science fiction.

And well the game was really fun! For the first 48 hours...

First of all I found that all the space and ground missions are exactly the same, play the same, and nothing unexpected ever happens. And the game doesn't even try to mask that you're doing the same things the whole time. Nope, it still keeps presenting em; the same missions in different star systems.
Every planet you visit on away missions consists of the same confined 200x200 meters area with a handful of buildings on it; insert your random swamp/forest/desert setting. When you visit space stations those are filled to the brim with function less rooms where there are only crates/consoles/fires/function less machinery to see. In the series I could live with it because they have a whole season to spend their budget on, but for a game I expected more. It's not as if they make a new Star Trek mmo every year.

Also: a space map?! Bit of a imagination killer for me. Not to mention EVE Online shows us that space travel can be simulated without a space map. First thing I wanted to do when I visited the Sol system was explore it. See Mars and fly through Jupiter and all! :D Instead we get practically nothing. Would have also been a great mission for a tutorial, but that's just personal.

Same goes for the quest hubs: it was quite a letdown to see that the main quest hub for the Federation is some tiny space station in orbit with Earth and not San Francisco and Starfleet HQ + the Academy. Come to think of it not a single set piece in the whole game impressed me.

Also I found the ground combat really weak and boring. It's nice it's trying to be a hybrid system in between WoW and Gears of War but it's totally not engaging. They should have just stolen ground combat from Mass Effect, or should have looked better at that game. You have only a handful of moves to perform so they should have made damn sure performing those couple of moves feels like you're actually doing something.

I loved the space combat with the maneuvering and managing shield power etc. Related to this I found it really nice to see that all the stuff crew members in the series are always yelling when the ship gets hit now are "spells" you can cast during space combat. But overall I have to say a foundation has been laid here, without anything of a building on it. Cryptic has done a decent job building this game in like 18 months, but the game is very far from finished. Instead of presenting us with 100s of star systems where you can only do the same missions, I would have prefered less but more engaging content. And as a Star Trek fan I hate this, cause I was really looking forward to this game! :(

But overall, not a game that would make me give up my wow characters.

sveske
Axethrower
Class:

yep

Postby sveske » 21 Jan 2010, 23:10

I know how you feel, Have the same thoughts. The first plan (company who was trying to make it had to stop!!) looked great.

BUT my silly hope, is if we play it, they might make it better :-)

Thats almost what happend in WOW in the start ;-)

just have a bad feeling, it aint gonna happen!!!

The fighting is the best in ship, ground stinks... just using the usual bad engine for it.

If you walk around a planet, there is NOTHING if there aint a quest!! so no roaming animals to find or anything (like in wow)..
So far, kinda disapointet, BUT bought it, and demands of my self, to give it a chanche!! (only lvl 6 so far, have exam tomorrow, so havent played around a week lol)

or call it Fifth-sin

Live long

/Sveske out

Demonologist
Dragon
Class:

Postby Demonologist » 22 Jan 2010, 00:43

Level 9 here! A female Trill, hihi

:P

sveske
Axethrower
Class:

LOL

Postby sveske » 22 Jan 2010, 02:28

:hail:

or call it Fifth-sin

Live long

/Sveske out

Return to “Public General”