your guildname

General Banter for everyone
Soridor
Dragon
Class: Druid

Postby Soridor » 23 Dec 2006, 21:39

You are right, the fifth sin IS wrath.

I think someone read wrong info when creating the guild name :)

Grimmah
Ogre
Class:

Postby Grimmah » 24 Dec 2006, 02:54

Haha yes, you have a sharp mind! When we made the guild, we used the wikipedia list of the seven deadly sins, which had the fifth one written down as 'Envy' (The name of our older guild). We then got accused of worshipping gluttony, which made us the sausage guild of the realm. Since every page seems to give a different order of sins, we decided to stick with this one.

The search continues!

edit: Did you get your list of sins from the Holy Bible?
~ Pew Pew Elemental <3 ~

Tatsumaki
Dragon
Class: Druid

Postby Tatsumaki » 25 Dec 2006, 16:58

plz can we recruit this guy? :D

he could be our mascot or something :P

Theurgist
Dragon
Class:

Postby Theurgist » 25 Dec 2006, 17:33

:shock: interesting

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master
Class: Mage

Postby AshTrai » 25 Dec 2006, 18:59

hmmm, well i learnt something. Too bad i made the website blue :)

ahh well, CSS to the rescue i suppose :)
AshTrai ~ 灰皿 ~ Co-GM
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard!" - Arnold Rimmer
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

maghost
Ogre
Class:

Re: your guildname

Postby maghost » 01 Jan 2007, 14:36

mythologyreader wrote:I play WoW also, and is also a fan of mythology and religion. You say your name is Envy, but I'm pretty sure the 5th sin is Wrath?

"Listed in the same order used by both Pope Gregory the Great in the 6th Century AD and Dante Alighieri, the seven deadly sins are as follows: luxuria (extravagance, later lust), gula (gluttony), avaritia (avarice/greed), acedia (sloth), ira (wrath), invidia (envy), and superbia (pride/hubris). Each deadly sin is opposed by one of the corresponding Seven Holy Virtues."

What source did you use :p Just a question. :)

FAILED TO CARE!

Grimmah
Ogre
Class:

Postby Grimmah » 01 Jan 2007, 19:17

maghost wrote:
mythologyreader wrote:I play WoW also, and is also a fan of mythology and religion. You say your name is Envy, but I'm pretty sure the 5th sin is Wrath?

"Listed in the same order used by both Pope Gregory the Great in the 6th Century AD and Dante Alighieri, the seven deadly sins are as follows: luxuria (extravagance, later lust), gula (gluttony), avaritia (avarice/greed), acedia (sloth), ira (wrath), invidia (envy), and superbia (pride/hubris). Each deadly sin is opposed by one of the corresponding Seven Holy Virtues."

FAILED TO CARE!

Stop being an annoyed troll, there are people with other interests than you :)
~ Pew Pew Elemental <3 ~

maghost
Ogre
Class:

Postby maghost » 01 Jan 2007, 22:24

Grimmah wrote:
maghost wrote:

FAILED TO CARE!

Stop being an annoyed troll, there are people with other interests than you :)

No?:p

Return to “Public General”